Bethel Emily Pastoral Charge Administrative Support Job Description
- Check the church email regularly and forward to the appropriate individuals.
- Prepare weekly order of service in consultation with the minister.
- Prepare the weekly PowerPoint presentation for worship in consultation with minister.
- Receive information for the announcements via email and telephone and prepare announcements for inclusion in the weekly bulletin.
- Management of copyright/music licensing.
- Maintain church membership directory.
- Print, fold and provide for bulletins and/or announcements as required.
- Prepare PowerPoints for special events if required in consultation with the minister.
- Compile (if required), type, print, and mail special publications as required.
- Assist the Session and treasurer with the preparation of annual United Church Statistical Reports.
- Prepare correspondence if required.
- Manage deadlines for bulletin and year end publications.
- Compile prepare and print the year end reports for distribution.
- Order office supplies such as forms, letterheads, envelopes, etc. when requested.
- Coordinate groups wanting to use the church facilities by providing information about the use and costs of use of the building and ensuring appropriate permissions are obtained. Management and forwarding of payments to the church for use of the building if required.
- Meet with the Ministry and Personal Committee annually.
- Admin access to Facebook page; Manage content as requested by minister.
- Manage and update church website as required.
- Maintain awareness of legal guidelines and mindful sensitivity to the online use of personal information.
- Obtain permissions for the use of personal images when required.
- Strong computer skills are imperative (MS Windows, Office Suite, Social Media & Website proficiency).
- Proficiency in the use of standard office tools.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Self-starter and the ability to work independently.
- Must be a personable and empathetic listener.
- Ability to use discretion when hearing and seeing sensitive information, maintain confidentiality.
- Adherence to proper web etiquette and use of the pastoral charge email account only for communication of church business.
- Provide a satisfactory police check.
- Hours: Flexible, work from home; Maximum of 8 hours week.
- Compensation: The starting rate of pay will be: $16.65/hr.
- To apply please send resume/expression of interest here (see on right)
- Application deadline is December 6th 2023.